Want a healthier relationship with your hair, but aren’t sure where to start? You’re in luck – our stylists have written your New Year’s Resolutions for you! Follow these five simple guidelines for healthier, stronger (and more beautiful!) hair:
1) Deep Condition. Your hair needs hydration on a regular basis. Aim for twice a month (or more, if you have drier hair). In-salon, try our Emergency or Ultimate Treatments. At home, use a deep-conditioning masque such as L’ANZA’s Keratin Healing Oil Intensive Hair Masque. Winter heat and summer sun will dry our your hair, and these treatments deeply penetrate the hair to deliver hydration and healing.
2) Maintain Your Cut. Split ends just aren’t attractive, and the longer you let them go, the likelier it is that your healthy hair will become compromised. The neglected ends will eventually split all the way up the strand, making your hair brittle and unmanageable.
3) Protect Your Hair From Heat. On driers, curlers, and straighteners, use low-temp settings, especially if you use these tools every day. Even more importantly, always use a thermal protectant before using heat-styling tools! L’ANZA’s Magic Bullet is a leave-in conditioning spray that detangles and color-protects while simultaneously protecting your hair from heat.
4) Use the Right Shampoo for Your Hair. When you switch from a basic drug store shampoo to a product that is engineered specifically for your hair type, the difference can be dramatic. Curls and color-treated hair, in particular, need specially formulated products (like Surface Curls or L’ANZA’s Healing Color Care). There are also shampoos to thicken, hydrate, and strengthen your hair. Identify your hair’s issues and then find the shampoo and conditioner to remedy them!
5) Finally, Visit an Esthetician. After all, you don’t want to forget about the hair on the rest of your body! Keep your eyebrows shapely and eliminate stray or unwanted hair from just about anywhere by visiting our experienced estheticians.
Here’s to a 2016 full of fantastic hair care!
Happy New Years from the 140 Crew!